Wednesday, September 16, 2009

computer classes

Ugh, I just started a long rant about Word 2007 (I teach computer classes at my library, and this was my first day of class having to use the new software). I guess I'm an old fogey - I found it very hard to teach! I kept trying to revert back to what I expected in 2000 and 2003. When I found myself arguing in circles, however, I thought I'd best just delete the whole post...

So, what did I learn? It can be harder UNlearning what you know, than learning new things. Overcoming expectations is hard. I'm not particularly a technophile, but I do like my computer a lot (and my mac at home even more). I just have to be careful not to think I have learned all I can.

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your view of public librarian life. Never fear, there are some things about Office 2007 that you will begin to love, love, love. But the next post - computing for patrons - ye gods, no! That just sounds messy...Happy blogging, R.D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, forgive the posting spam, but that should be cloud computing for patrons - ye gods, no!

    ReplyDelete